Senior Risk Manager - FTSE 250 company
Elite Audit have now been assigned to assist in the recruitment of a professional Risk Manager to join this highly reputable FTSE 250 company.
The individual will be based at Head Office in Bedfordshire, however there will be approximately 60% travel anticipated throughout the UK.
This role will report to Head of Group Risk and Audit.
Risk responsibilities will include:-
- Group risk SME (subject matter expert)
- Ensure an appropriate programme of risk assurance is established
- Owning the Group risk reporting process for ExCo and RMAC (Risk & Audit Committee)
- Coordinate the Group risk process (in SharePoint) and ensure it is up to date with changes in the internal and external environment;
- Review and challenge business unit submissions
- Ensuring Group risk management reporting is current and effective
- Keep up to date with risk industry best practice and changes in corporate governance requirements
- Work to ensure risk is adding value to the business (ie rather than a tick box exercise)
Other / Ad hoc work
- Coordinate with co-source internal audit provider as necessary
- Provide risk information into the internal audit planning process
- Complete occasional / appropriate internal audit assignments as agreed with the Head of Risk and Audit
- Occasionally assist in following up / closing out internal audit findings and actions to ensure they are appropriate and deliverable as agreed with Head of Risk and Audit. Particularly risk related improvements to ensure lessons have been embedded
- Lead internal investigation where required, e.g. reviewing Group Treasury practices; improve cash forecasting in Infrastructure business
- Prepare reports, document findings and making recommendations
Experience / Qualifications
- Required - good experience of an industry based ERM system
- Preferable - construction/services industry experience
- Required - professional qualification
Skills & characteristics
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Energetic, positive/can do attitude with the drive and ambition to succeed and deliver change.
- Maturity to interact effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Strong data analysis and report writing skills
Please apply today with your CV for more information.