Senior Audit Manager
Senior Audit Manager
$140,000 - $160,000 package + bonus
My client is leading financial services organisation looking to further strengthen there internal audit talent to further add value to the group wide business.
This role is a group role so will offer wide coverage across the organisation and the opportunity to act as a true advisor and influence a number of senior stakeholders, influence and add value across the business and projects
- CA/CPA qualified
- Big 4 background preferred, but not essential
- Background working within or on behalf of financial service clients is essential
- People management experience
- Proven experience dealing with and influencing key senior stakeholders
Key role responsibilities
- Establish and maintain effective, constructive and professional relationships with the Senior Management team cross the audit function and business
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement including gaining the respect of management and clearly positioning
- Working across a number of business functions, to include group, projects, distribution and sales
- To both lead and participate in Internal Audit assignments in accordance with the Internal Audit Methodology, Processes and Key Success Criteria.
- Providing insightful, commercially sound, timely and value adding advise
- Builds risk awareness ensuring that Exec board management are personally committed to resolving the issues identified.
- Provide advice on, and follow-up, the implementation of agreed improvement actions;
- Provide advice and support to the Internal Audit planning and QA process, including leading the preparation of the Internal Audit Plans, assisting in the production of regular reports and risk summaries for the Risk and Audit Committees and other key stakeholders, and continuous improvement of the Internal Audit process
- Source, manage, develop, train and coach members of the Internal Audit team (including co-sourced resources) in the skills required to perform assignments and ensure they are delivered to a high standard of quality in accordance with internal audit methodology and external professional standards;
- Liaising with the external auditors on a regular basis to ensure there is effective communication across both functions on areas and issues of concern; and
- Continuously develop own technical, commercial and personal skills.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual Internal Audit Plan for the business in consultation with the Management, Risk Committees, Risk Executives and External Audit. The Audit Plans should consider all the activities within the areas on a risk ranked basis.
- Lead/design the analysis work to determine the scope of each audit (on a risk-weighted basis), set clear and appropriate expectations and obtain client commitment and prepare/issue an Assignment Announcement (terms of reference document).
- Schedule and plan individual assignments relating to the business priorities
- Undertake follow-up audits to verify that agreed action plans are on track for successful and timely implementation. Prepare reports in accordance with internal audit methodology, format and standards.
- Undertake any special audits or investigations as required.
- Provide coaching to and performance management of direct reports
Please feel free to contact Emma Jane Hall for a confidential discussion on +61 02 8029 9120 or send your CV
Hydrogen focuses on placing mid to senior level professionals across Finance and Accounting , IT and Engineering on a contract and permanent basis. The Hydrogen Group has been established since 1997 and is a multi-disciplined, global recruiter with local knowledge and expertise in the Australian market.
Hydrogen International Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.