Executive Director - Internal Audit
Our client is a large multinational corporation with business operations across a diverse group of industries. They are looking for a highly seasoned Executive to manage a significant portfolio within their Internal Audit & Risk Department (circa 70 ppl). The role will work closely with the Head of Audit & Risk and operate as a 2ic, focusing on the Internal Audit department.
The role is based in Hong Kong and due to the importance of the position, we are performing a global search and a full relocation package will be provided.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Manage a portfolio of auditing teams across diverse operations including but not limited to Finance, Treasury, Property & Construction, Supply Chain
- Support the development of continuous auditing within business silos especially around key programs of work within the organisation
- Support in the risk based annual audit planning exercise and the preparation/completion of the Audit Plan pertaining to business areas within scope
- Advise and provide recommendations to stakeholders on risk and control issues, process improvement and compliance measures
- Give your teams direction in achieving the Department’s strategic plan, enhancing audit proficiencies through implementing appropriate standards, methodologies and processes, and streamlining internal audit workflow.
- Provide a reporting function, presenting and defending Audit Plans to Audit Committees and the Company CEO to keep members informed of risks, activities, controls;
- Lead Audit Committee meetings; maintain agendas and meeting packet information
- Support and be a key driver of the development of Audit and Risk within a particularly forward thinking organisation
- Help shape Corporate Governance in the organisation
Key Requirements of the Role
- University degree with relevant professional qualification(s) such as CPA, CIA, RIMS, PRM, or FRM.
- 20+ years of professional experience within Internal Audit within an enterprise environment
- Must have done a senior in-house role and seen through complete auditing lifecycle
- Significant operational auditing experience looking at Target Operating model
- Excellent engagement and stakeholder management skills
- Strong leadership and people development experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English) including presenting complex and sensitive issues to senior management and other stakeholders
- Experience working in a large enterprise business with diverse business functions (experience around construction or property or Retail would be an advantage)
- Demonstrates high degree of responsibility in independently balancing multiple commitments, handling competition priorities, yet meeting deadlines and commitments to stakeholders.
- Innovative thinker who can contribute to best practice within large scale enterprise
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Hong Kong's largest organisations at an exciting phase.
Total Comp: Circa 220K-250K
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV in Word Format via the 'Apply' button.