Internal Audit Manager - North West London/Bucks
This successful, high growth and acquisitive plc has continued to grow consistently over the last few years, has just entered the FTSE 100 and seen their share price increase by over 60% in the last 12 months alone . Their acquisitions tend to be dynamic entrepreneurial businesses that they tend not to stifle by giving lots of autonomy post acquisition. A classic British manufacturer of high-end products and using advanced technologies such as 3D printing to deliver to clients electronically, they have about 50 operating business units around the World covering the US, Europe and the Far East. Their culture is open and supportive and the HQ is based in the Bucks/North West London area and so is easily commutable from Central London or via the M40/M4/M1 corridors.
Historically the audit function has been mainly financial audit/compliance and not risk-based with the team following a standard audit plan every year BUT they have recently appointed a new Chairman of the Audit Committee and a brand new Head of Audit & Risk to bring the function up to date, develop proper risk based audit plans and move towards more operational audits. The Head of audit is looking to develop covering organisational change and acquisition audits with the ultimate goal of delivering audits that add far greater value. The Head of Audit has also taken over responsibility for Risk Management. Hence this is a very exciting time to be joining the function as it offers real scope to play a key role in re-shaping the function.
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be of graduate calibre and have an accounting or similar qualification eg Masters/MBA
- Have a minimum of 4-5 years experience in risk-based external or internal audit, either within a larger practice environment or an international business.
- Show the genuine passion, energy, self motivation and enthusiasm to help drive and shape an embryonic function
- Be confident and have strong communication skills – both written and verbal are essential. A second language (especially French or Chinese) is desirable but not essential
- Have the flexibility to travel for up to 40% of the time
On offer is a salary of up to £65,000 plus bonus and benefits plus the flexibility to work from home a couple of days per week (when not travelling)
You must be eligible to work within the UK to be considered for this opportunity.