Regional Internal Auditor
Hanami International have been selected as recruiters of an Auditor for our client, a FTSE 100 business.
Listed on the FTSE 100, the market capitalisation of the Group is approximately £4.0bn. A career with this company offers rewarding opportunities to help companies around the world develop products that are used safely by millions of people every day.
It is the trusted advisor to many of the world’s leading brands, companies and governments, and has earned a reputation for accuracy, reliability, integrity, and technical competence. Their services take them into nearly every field, from textiles, toys and electronics, to building, heating, pharmaceuticals, petroleum, food, and industrial. A diverse company, they employ more than 30,000 employees in 1,000 laboratories and offices in over 120 countries around the world.
This is a high profile position, representing the Group Head Office and its values in the ‘APAC region’. As the audit representative for the entire region for the company, the role will report directly to the Global Head of Internal Audit in the UK. It is expected that after two years the successful person would be likely to secure a role in Finance or Operations within the Group once you have learned about the business from your time in Internal Audit.
You will be based in Delhi, alongside a local business, and cover markets across the APAC region. It will require a maximum of 50% travel (two thirds of the travel will be within APAC, with the remainder in other parts of the world). It is, however a truly international role, as you will work with a growing and developing audit team in Europe and ‘the Americas’ and we are looking for leaders of tomorrow.
This team provides assurance across the global business – to Finance, HR, IT and Operations - and you will be expected to prove your skills in many diverse areas. All of the company’s auditors are very much project leaders, taking on a wide topics in many areas of the business. For this reason, it is important to have a track record of delivering results as well as excellent communication and influencing skills and above all, the determination to really make a difference.
- To contribute to the audit planning and risk coverage
- Lead finance and operational audits within ‘APAC’ and on occasion further afield
- Preparing and issuing reports to management that influence change
- Making value added, practical recommendations that recognise commercial priorities
- Carrying out follow up where required
- Conduct special projects and assignments, leveraging third party expertise where required
- Review recent acquisitions and make integration recommendations
- Contribute to the development of a world class audit function
- High calibre graduate
- Recognised accounting qualification (desired)
- Prior Internal Audit experience in an international business
- Related industry experience is an advantage but not essential
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to scope, plan and execute an audit
- Ability to audit in a business where there are few “rule-books” and regulation is light
- Ability to allocate own time and resources to deliver the required control testing
- Compile, consolidate and report results
- Share results with the audited location or function and get buy-in to remedial management action
- Builds and fosters relationships throughout the audit process demonstrating a high degree of credibility
- Builds a culture of team success
- Ability to influence through clear communication at all levels
- Act as the “point person” for the audit for regional management.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Previous exposure to both the financial and operational parts of a business would be an advantage.
- Ability to travel for around 50% of the time internationally.
Why should I apply for this role?
- A rapidly growing global FTSE 100 business, the number three in the world in the sector with various business streams as number one
- Growing and diverse international business through organic and acquired growth
- Interesting and complex business streams – our clients are in almost every sector in the world
- Culturally diverse organization with expanding growth
A chance to impact and make a difference within a large complex and dynamic business
- Excellent career development opportunities and rewards for outstanding performance
- Working in a dynamic and growing audit team
If you think this progressive position, in a World leading company could be for you, please do get in touch.
Apply for Regional Internal Auditor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly