IT Audit / Systems & Process Assurance - Senior Associate
- Work on a wide range of interesting and challenging projects
- Benefit from flexible working arrangements
- Work in an inclusive environment of sharing and collaboration
Who are we?
We’re a team of trusted business advisors who work alongside a diverse and iconic client base to build long positive relationships that craft value. Our people are what make us the leading professional services firm in New Zealand - full of energy, challenge, and opportunities. Our values are at the centre of who we are; it decides the way we think, who we employ and how we work.
What would you be doing?
We’re looking for dedicated, curious individuals to join our Systems and Process Assurance (SPA) team here in Auckland, the largest SPA team in the country.
In today’s business world, IT and financial reporting environments are becoming increasingly complex while even greater reliance is being placed on the information produced by these systems and processes. Confidence in the quality of the information produced by IT systems is key. This is where our SPA team excel in providing value to our clients through the identification of weaknesses and design enhancement. This is achieved primarily through IT general controls reviews to support the Financial Assurance team. However, the work the team performs extends wider than this, covering a range of work including: Third party assurance and opinion services, pre- and post-implementation systems reviews, project assurance services and Infrastructure security or cyber reviews. If you’re an experienced IT auditor looking for further career opportunities in an organisation with extraordinary growth and development support, we’d like you to get in touch.
In this role your day to day responsibilities could include:
- Planning and conducting engagements including determining the risks, scope, and value upfront and monitoring progress throughout engagements
- Being part of small sized engagement teams where you will need to coach and review the work of juniors
- Identifying and evaluating risks/impact associated with identified issues
- Interacting directly with client management and internal engagement partners and managers as well as our Financial Audit teams
- Preparing and submitting reports on the results of audits, including recommending improvements
What you’ll need to bring to the role
At least 2.5 years of relevant work experience, with a superior understanding of IT auditing standards and methodologies. Previous experience in a similarly focussed risk assurance environment is essential, as is a tertiary qualification. Industry certification such as CISA is a bonus.
You’ll be at ease interacting with people at all levels and will demonstrate your dedication to providing exceptional client service. You will posses a flexible working style and will be comfortable managing conflicting deadlines and requirements. Your toolkit will include report writing, presentation skills, and the ability to coach more junior members of the team. Both verbal and written English should be at a high level.
You will have a want to develop your skills in managing teams and clients, for which on the job coaching and formal, structured learning and development will be provided.
Why is PwC a great place to work?
Today’s constantly changing commercial world requires us to be proactive with our professional and personal development. At PwC, you will have an unrivalled level of access to industry expertise, both locally and through our wider global network of member firms, where you will be enabled by cutting-edge technology and a culture of self-disruption. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and with an increasingly agile workforce drive flexible working to get the best out of our people. At PwC, we want to inspire, motivate and reward our people to succeed in all areas of their lives.
The broader team that you will be working in is a collaborative, fun, tight knit team of systems and process auditors, internal auditors, data analysts as well as cyber, governance, risk and compliance specialists. We have regular team events and you’ll have opportunities to work with and learn from these other specialists.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. If you know anyone at PwC feel free to give them a call and ask what it’s like, or click ‘apply now’ today.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Auckland Central
- IT Audit Senior Professional Services $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Auckland Central
- Technology Risk Professional Services $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Auckland Central
- Risk Professional Services $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Auckland Central