AUDIT MANAGER (Emerging Market)
CAREER CHALLENGE, CAREER GROWTH, ACCOMMODATION AND CAR PAID FOR, COMPETITIVE SALARY AND UNIQUE INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE.
Change Recruitment Group is working with a Global Accounting Practice firm in Papua New Guinea to assist them in the recruitment of an Audit Manager with MIXED SECTOR expertise.
Papua New Guinea is one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world. With a vibrant and colourful culture, Papua New Guinea has more than 600 islands and 800 indigenous languages. Full of interesting attractions, magnificent natural scenery and diverse cultural heritage. From exploring the coral-ringed beaches to trekking, diving, snorkelling, surfing, fishing, kayaking or bird watching – Papua New Guinea is well suited for the adventurous type! There is also the well-known Yacht Club that is extremely popular amongst expatriates.
- Be the main liaison with clients, gain excellent knowledge of clients operations and a good understanding of relevant internal/external market factors to ensure the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Plan, coordinate, direct and control engagements and budgets to ensure effective resource utilisation, excellent service delivery and maximum efficiency
- Direct, coach and mentor peers and junior team members to assist them in the effective delivery of engagement services to the required high standard
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, business departments and internal teams
- Fully utilise feedback devices and encourage team members to do the same to assess learning and provide reflection on quality of service
- You are required to possess well developed supervisory skills and have the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management and organisation skills
- Ability to evaluate problems, process details and structure tasks
- Maintain high levels of drive and enthusiasm through a positive attitude to assist team members in identifying solutions and developing efficiencies
- Ability to use initiative, prioritise workloads and be flexible to changing business and department needs
Qualifications and technical requirements:
- Time and exam qualified accountant - ACA or ACCA or country equivalent professional qualification
- At least 6 years’ current experience in an external financial audit capacity, ideally within a top tier firm
- Strong exposure to Financial Services audit is beneficial.
- Current accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS.
- Language requirements –strong spoken, listening and written English
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
- The position offers good prospects for career progression and development, working with high profile clients, both Firm’s global clients, as well as large local clients.
- ATTRACTIVE expatriate package offered.
- The client exposure and developing market experience will further your career greatly in addition to providing you with a personal experience that cannot be replicated elsewhere in the world.
- A resilient personality is required and you must have researched the location and be committed to relocating to Papua New Guinea to be considered.
- PNG is commonly known for its “bad press” and security concerns, however, once these are fully understood, you can then look past it and see the fantastic opportunities that Papua New Guinea can offer.
Apply for AUDIT MANAGER (Emerging Market)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly