Technology Risk Associate
A career with PwC gives you a distinct opportunity to work with market-leading private businesses, public-sector organisations and government agencies to help solve important problems. In our highly skilled environment, you’ll be enabled by cutting-edge technology and a culture of self-disruption, allowing you to do the best work of your life.
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Who are we?
We’re a team of trusted business advisors who work alongside our clients and build long lasting relationships that create value. Our people are what make us the leading professional services firm in New Zealand - full of energy, challenge, and opportunities. Our values are at the centre of who we are; it decides the way we think, who we employ and how we work.
What would you be doing?
We’re looking for dedicated, curious individuals to join our market leading Risk Assurance team here in Auckland.
In today’s business world, IT and financial reporting environments are becoming increasingly complex while even greater reliance is being placed on the information produced by these systems and processes. Confidence in the quality of the information produced by IT systems is key. This is where our System Process Assurance (SPA) team excel in providing value to our clients through the identification of weaknesses and design enhancement. This is achieved primarily through IT general controls reviews to support the Financial Assurance team. However, the work the team performs extends wider than this, covering a range of work including: Third party assurance and opinion services, pre and post-implementation systems reviews, project assurance services and Infrastructure security or cyber reviews. If you’re an experienced IT auditor looking for further career opportunities in an organisation with extraordinary growth and development support, we’d like you to get in touch.
In this role your day to day responsibilities could include:
- Planning and conducting engagements including determining the risks, scope, and value upfront and monitoring progress throughout engagements
- Being part of small sized engagement teams where you will need to coach and review the work of juniors
- Identifying and evaluating risks/impact associated with identified issues
- Interacting directly with client management and internal engagement partners and managers as well as our Financial Audit teams
- Preparing and submitting reports on the results of audits, including recommending improvements
What you'll need to bring to the role?
At least 3 years of relevant work experience, with a superior understanding of Cyber/IT auditing standards and methodologies. Previous experience in a similarly focused risk assurance environment is essential, as is a tertiary qualification. Industry certification such as CISA is a bonus.
You’ll be at ease interacting with people at all levels and will demonstrate your dedication to providing exceptional client service. You will possess a flexible working style and will be comfortable managing conflicting deadlines and requirements. Your toolkit will include report writing, presentation skills, and the ability to coach more junior members of the team. Both verbal and written English should be at a high level. You will have a want to develop your skills in managing teams and clients, for which on the job coaching and formal, structured learning and development will be provided.
Why is PwC a great place to work?
Today’s constantly changing commercial world requires us to be proactive with our professional and personal development. At PwC, you will have an unrivalled level of access to industry expertise, both locally and through our wider global network of member firms, where you’ll be enabled by cutting-edge technology and a culture of self-disruption. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and with an increasingly agile workforce drive flexible working to get the best out of our people. At PwC, we aim to inspire, motivate and reward our people to succeed in all areas of their lives.
Education(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications(if blank, certifications not specified)
0. Global: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) - ISACA (preferred)
Desired Languages(If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Cyber Security Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Risk Analysis Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Technology Risk Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand
- Risk Professional Services NZ$80,000 - NZ$89,999 jobs in New Zealand